April 19, 2011

confessions of a broken heart

It seems like just yesterday we were layin in each other arms, our souls combined as one, a simple kiss “I love you baby, Goodnight”. Everything was so magical, nothing could compare, we were so in love, or so I thought. I was in love, truly and deeply. Was willing and open to give you everything. I did that one purpose, but I guess I was too open. My Love for you was something out of the ordinary; thought the feeling was mutual until you showed me different. You showed me that I wasn’t good enough. One day you were laying in my bed and than the next you just up and left. Things happened so quickly, it scared me. I knew what was going on the second you said “ I’m bringing my things back to my room”. I was scared so much because I knew just what this meant. I wasn’t ready to let you go, I didn’t want you to give what we had to someone else. I kept hearing things about who you were talking to, I tried so hard not to believe it. Until I saw it with my own eyes. I remember how it felt, it hurt like hell, I felt like you stabbed me in the heart., disrespected, kicked to the curb. The only thing you had to say was “I’m just seeing how things go”. So you left me for something your just taking a chance on? Wow that was crazy, I couldn’t even believe you even said that. For a while I thought I never would be able to make it through this heartache. After I changed my lifestyle, gave you my all, was the best that I could be, gave you so much, would have done anything for you, this was how you treated me. ME! The one who was always there for you, the one who put you above me. The one who you could call on for anything. Shit was too crazy, I couldn’t believe what was happening. Drink after drink, tears on top of tears. As the days went on it hurt even more, I couldn’t take t anymore. The only thing that made it all go away was spending time with my friends and drinking. Even after some time passed, I still couldn’t think of anything but you and how you shitted on me. I kept telling myself that I deserved better, and I know that I do, but we cannot help who our heart falls for. It’s a shame that the person, who stole my heart, has hurt me this way. You told me you didn’t want to be in a relationship, than suddenly you started one with someone else. I would have preferred you to just tell me the truth and tell me that you didn’t want to be with me at all. That would have helped me move on faster. Time went on, and you became a ghost, didn’t know anything about you, tried to avoid you, would run away never wanting to see you. I hated the thought of u not being in my life, but I knew if u were in it I wouldn’t be happy, I’d be miserable.

Soon enuff you kept hittin me up, pushing for a “friendship”. I didn’t know what to do all I wanted to say was Fuck U, I Hate U….my mama taught me better than to be bitter, So I got over it and tried to forgive u for the hurt u installed upon me. Although I forgave u, I will never forget how you have hurt me, I will never be able to fully trust you, I will never be able to look at you and say I feel nothing for yu. Im not going to lie, I sometimes wanna cry because I kno that deep down inside, despite everything else I am still in love with you. Things will never be the same, and this I know for sure, I will no longer walk around with my head hanging down, I will hold it up with pride, I will show the world wat it has been missing, I will be superwoman and I will overcome everything that is put in my way.

No comments: